International CPD Conference
The 16th International Continuing Professional Development conference (ICPD) will be held from Feb. 24 – Mar. 3, 2013 on board the Celebrity Silhouette cruise ship through the Western Caribbean, departing from Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Conference Faculty and Agenda
Tatyana Barankin, MD, FRCPC, DCP
- Time to Work, Time to Play: Stress Management and Life-Work Balance for Physicians
- Assessment and Management of Depression and Suicidal Risk in Physicians
- Opportunities for Prevention in Families of the Mentally Ill
J. Paul Fedoroff, MD, FRCPC
- The Paraphilias, From 4 perspectives. Paraphilia of the day: over 100
- Assessment of People with Problematic Sexual Behaviours. Paraphilia of the day: Exhibitionism
- Assessment of Stigmatized Groups: MR, PDD, ASPD, Youth, Women. Paraphilia of the day: Polyembolokoilamania
- Treatment of Paraphilic Sexual Disorders, Problematic Sexual Behaviours, and When to Refer. Paraphilia of the day: Pedophilia
- Sex and Insanity. Paraphilia of the day: Necrophilia
Mark Lau, PhD
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy: From Theory to Practice
Ashok Malla, MD, FRCPC
- Specialized Early Intervention in Psychotic Disorders: What is it and what is the evidence?
- Remission and Recovery in Psychotic Disorders: Predictors and Perspectives
- Culture, Psychosis and Immigration: What do we know and what can we do with it?
- Stress, Psychosis and People at Risk: A Review
- Balancing Need for and Efficacy of Treatment With Safety: Is there a way?
- Sunday: depart Ft. Lauderdale, FL, at 16:30
- Tuesday: arrive Cozumel, Mexico at 07:00, depart at 16:00
- Wednesday: arrive Georgetown, Grand Cayman, at 10:00, depart at 18:00
- Thursday: arrive Falmouth, Jamaica, at 08:00, depart at 17:00
- Friday: arrive Labadee, Haiti, at 10:00, depart at 17:00
- Sunday: arrive Ft. Lauderdale, FL, at 07:00
Conference ObjectivesThe purpose of this conference is to provide knowledge and implementation strategies and the opportunity for discussion on the topic of recent advances in psychiatry.
FeesAll fees are quoted in Canadian dollars, and pricing is subject to availability and change. Cruise Connections CME (CCC) reserves the right to change or cancel course content, speaker or topics for cause. CCC cannot invoice for payment, and registration will not be completed without payment. Final payment is due Nov. 24, 2012.
Stateroom prices are for two passengers and include all on-board accommodation, meals, activities and events, and are cruise only. Luxury suites are available upon request. Call 1 888 523-3732 for details.
- Non-ocean view stateroom: from $1,829. Companion: free.
- Ocean view stateroom: from $1,969. Companion: free.
- Balcony stateroom: from $2,399. Companion: free
- Concierge class stateroom: from $2,709. Companion: free
- 3rd or 4th guest in stateroom: from $580
Cruise taxes / gratuities are $269 per person, $199 for children 12 and under.
CPD Registration Fees
- CPA member delegate*: $895
CPD registration fees are subject to 5% GST at time of final payment. CME fees for residents of NB, NL, BC and ON are subject to HST at time of final payment. If you do not book your cruise with CCC, an additional $500 plus GST or HST (as applicable) will be added to your CPD registration fee.
Payment InformationDeposit: $800
Final payment is due Nov. 24, 2012.
- 89 – 65 days in advance: deposit
- 64 – 45 days in advance: 50%
- 44 – 0 days in advance: nonrefundable
InformationCall 1 888 523-3732 or e-mail Cruise Connections CME.
Download a Registration Form
*Must be a member in good standing (subject to verification by CPA).