Submit an Application
Individual applications shall be submitted online only in either English or French by the deadline of Feb. 15, 2022.
File attachments created by the applicant may be prepared with the word processing software package of their choice, but they must be uploaded in PDF format. Under no circumstances will hand-written applications be accepted.
Documents must be in one of the official languages (English or French), and must be typed and formatted following the instructions for formatting attachments.
A complete CDA application package includes:
• A completed online application
• An updated CV
• Two leadership letters of reference: each must include the name, title and affiliation of the referee
• Detailed budget for proposed activities. Detailed budget information will not be submitted to peer review; only the budget justification will be evaluated at peer review.
• PDF of the signature page including signatures of the applicant and individual(s) with signing authority from the Institution Paid
• Personal leadership statement (maximum 2 pages)
• Mentorship and capacity building statement (maximum 1 page)
• Research contributions and vision statement (maximum 1 page)
• Environment and support statement (maximum 1/2 page)
• Budget justification (in Canadian dollars) for the one-year award term (maximum 1/2 page)
In completing the online application form, applicants should be prepared to:
• Confirm that they either 1) self-identify as a woman, or 2) demonstrate a track record of supporting the career development of women in academic psychiatry.
• Consent to the use and disclosure of full application and nominative information for relevance review and funding decisions at the time of application.
• Consent to the publication of their profile on the CPA and CIHR websites and in a CPA newsletter.
• Provide proposal information, including a title of the initiative, a description of the project/research that is accessible to a lay audience (250 words maximum), and the name of the Canadian institution (CIHR Eligible Institution) at which the applicant is appointed.