Are you short of MOC credits? Catch up at the annual conference
The MOC credit reporting deadline is coming up: will you have the required 25 hours in each of the three sections of the program by the end of your five-year cycle?
Register for the CPA annual conference from Oct. 14 – 16, 2021 and earn up to 16.5 section 1 credits and 7.5 section 3 credits, all from the convenience of your home or office. As a CPA member, you have exclusive access to the section 3 self-assessment component at no additional cost with paid registration.
Don’t miss out on sessions like More Than Just Zoom: The New Frontier of Digital Psychiatry, which will focus on the emergence of new digital technologies, explore the Canadian landscape of virtual psychiatry and consider its current limitations.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify potential strategies to address present deficits in virtual care;
- Describe emerging technologies in artificial intelligence and machine learning and their implications for digital psychiatry
- Characterize the potential risks associated with the integration of artificial intelligence in psychiatry
Learn and Earn: New CPD Opportunities for CPA Members
CPA is pleased to announce that members can now save 30 per cent off the regular price of the accredited self-assessment program, Directions in Psychiatry.
Each CPA-accredited volume of the Directions in Psychiatry program offers participants up to 25 hours in section 3 of the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Certificates are issued on successful completion with no waiting for results.
Continue your medical education and gain immediate access from the comfort of your home or office. CPA members save 30 per cent on individual volumes or on a three-course bundle.
The CPA is committed to helping meet your accredited learning goals. We offer a series of high-quality continuing professional development (CPD) programs for psychiatrists and other health professionals designed to advance their knowledge and skills in providing the best possible care for their patients.
Continuing Professional Development Mission Statement
To foster excellence in the development and provision of professional development programs for Canadian psychiatrists, trainees, and other health professionals.
Goals and Objectives
1. To provide educational programs for Canadian psychiatrists, trainees and other health professionals that promote the CanMEDS roles and competencies.
2. To promote the production and implementation of Canadian clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) in psychiatry through the Subcommittee on Clinical Practice Guidelines.
3. To advise Canadian continuing education providers in psychiatry on appropriate needs assessments of psychiatrists, program content and evaluation.
4. To provide faculty development sessions on CPD for psychiatrists and continuing education providers in psychiatry.
5. To develop partnerships with other continuing education providers in psychiatry and shared mental health care such as university and hospital departments of psychiatry, provincial psychiatric associations, other CPA committees and affiliates, psychiatric/psychoanalytic institutes, other health professions (including international associations) and key industry providers.
6. To provide information to Canadian psychiatrists on how to use the model of CPD activities outlined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
7. To develop processes to provide accreditation of group learning events and assessment programs in psychiatry.
Approved by CPD Committee: Dec. 4, 2019
Approved by Board of Directors: Jun. 1, 2020
Date of next review: 2023