What is it?
The category of Organizational Affiliate was created to recognize organizations that identify mental health as a strategic priority and want to collaborate with the CPA to improve the mental health of Canadians.
Organizational Affiliates have no voting privileges at the annual general meeting, or ability to shape the CPA’s decision-making process/governance structure. Their affiliation with the CPA in no way implies the CPA’s endorsement or support of the organizational affiliates position and/or policies. It also in no way implies an organizational affiliate’s endorsement or support of the CPA’s position and/or policies.
Benefits to being an Organizational Affiliate
There are many benefits to your company signing on for Organizational Affiliate status with the CPA.
- Corporate logo on CPA website listed under the heading of Organizational Affiliate
- Preferential exhibit space location
- 20% off online job postings and CPA-approved advertising in PsychEXPRESS and/or on website
- 50% off two registrations to CPA's Annual Conference
- CPA's monthly scientific journal, The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry
- PsychEXPRESS, CPA's weekly email news alert
- Other CPA publications, such as its Annual Report to Members, news releases, position papers and position statements
- An invitation to attend a mental health roundtable, bringing together Organizational Affiliates to facilitate relationship-building and information exchange, as well as identify opportunities for collaboration
Choose your category
- For-profit organizations ($5,000 plus applicable taxes)
Includes all for-profit organizations that are primarily focused on mental health, or see mental health as an important strategic issue within their organizations.
- Governments and their agencies ($2,500 plus applicable taxes)
Includes federal, provincial and territorial ministries (as well as their agencies) that have a strategic interest in mental health.
- Provincial-Regional health authorities/Institutional healthcare organizations ($1,000 plus applicable taxes)
Includes provincial/regional health authorities, local health integration networks, psychiatric institutions, hospitals and facilities.
- Employee organizations ($1,000 plus applicable taxes)
Includes unions and similar organizations that represent employees.
- Not-for-profit consumer/professional organizations ($750 plus applicable taxes)
Includes national and/or provincial not-for-profit organizations that serve persons with lived experience, their families and/or carers, or that represent physicians or other healthcare professionals.
How to apply
Interested organizations can apply online here. The Membership Affairs Committee will assess applications and recommend candidate organizations to the Board of Directors. Adjudication shall take place in camera, and the CPA reserves the right and sole discretion to not accept any organizational affiliate application.